Friday 25 February 2011

frosty little friend


Hello Sassy Fans and welcome to my friday inspiration post.

I have another sneak peak for you of one of those georgeous sassy images that will be released tomorrow. Okay, probably it isn´t too much of a surprise since Maria showed it to you yesterday but I am going to share my card with you though.

This cutie is called

Tammy.

She´s such a cutie and I see myself using her all year long by just not inking up that little friend she made herself... I love her glasses and that bright smile on her face!

Well, I guess I am not the only one being sick of snow and frost and cold temperatures. But when I stamped that image I knew immediately why we love winter: because of all the "cool stuff" it brings and because of the possibility to create a frosty little friend during a fun afternoon in the snow. And even if that friendship most times won´t last long - every single minute together is enjoyed.

I used quite many layers and bright colors on my card so I didn´t add too many embellishments to not overload it.
I used some shimmer chalks around the image and the edges of the snowflakes. I also used some crystal Stickles on the snow areas of the image but because of the bad daylight it was hard to make those show up on the photo (okay, guess that´s a minus about winter LOL).

These are the markers I used to do my coloring:


image: Tammy, available at Funkykits from tomorrow on
papers: Magnolia, My Mind´s Eye
sentiment/heart: Stampin´Up
snowflake dies: Whiff Of Joy

chalks: Pebbles inc

So, make sure you´ll come back tomorrow at noon GMT when our new release blog hop will start here!

14 comments:

  1. this is just way way too gorgeous!!!! Think this little sweetie may be finding a way to my basket at some point in time!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my pocket book is in so much trouble! The peeks have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning loving this image so much! Fabulous card details love the white edges.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness Kathrin...truly stunning!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the colours.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!Love the papers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous, really love the image and your colouring is fab.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours, fab colouring and a great layout, I love your card ;D!

    Hugs,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that image and a fab card, great colour combo.
    Happy crafting, regards Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful colours & I love that hat & little cape. This is such a fun image & I think she really is my favourite. Love your blue shading around her & your touch of lace too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathrin
    A gorgeous card love the colour's,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is so cute! thanks for sharing her with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Card Kathrin, can't wait for toimorow !!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete