Tuesday 15 March 2011

Tuesday Spotlight with Elaine

For this weeks spotlight I  have Elaine.
She is one of the Sweeties over at The Sugar Bowl and 
former design team member at Sugar Nellie
And it's her coloring of Hippie Chick on the blog badge in the sidebar ;) 
So be sure to stop by her blog for even more Simply Sassy inspiration.

Elaine made this gorgeous card for us


Start by telling us a little about you:
I live in Lancashire with my husband and our teenage son. I work as office manager for an Air Conditioning company. I like the job but unfortunately it doesn't leave me with much spare time for crafting!


When did you start card making and what made you start?
I started dabbling about 5 years ago, but very sporadically. I really got hooked Christmas 2008 when my Dad bought me a lovely pile of rubber from Sugar Nellie which started my Sugar Addiction! I started card making after I saw someone demonstrating on a shopping channel and I remember saying to my hubby that it was a hobby I could try and I was sure it wouldn't cost much...ha!

What is your preferred colouring medium?
Definitely Distress Inks. I started off with Polychromo pencils until my Sugar Mama Gayle suggested I try the DI's since I already had them. I saw a fab tutorial on Jacqui's blog (Cats Whiskers) and I found I loved colouring with them.

What is your favourite Simply Sassy stamp?
I love all the Sassy stamps but if I really had to pick a favourite it would be either Bella Bunting or Fashionista.

How did you notice Simply Sassy stamps for the first time?
They were my first DT stamps from my brief but wonderful time on the Sugar Nellie DT.

What's your favourite style of card?
My style is very simple! I have boxes and boxes of embellishments but I still prefer to keep my cards simple and I hope the image remains the main focal point.

What would you love to see more of on the Simply Sassy blog?
Tutorials.

Over at Elaine's blog I found these gorgeous cards
but please stop by her as there are so many to choose from..


 Using Luv A Latte



I know Elaine will  love any comments you may leave her.

11 comments:

  1. All of your cards are gorgeous. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, congrats on being chosen for the spotlight. Looking at your designs, you sure deserve it ! Love your soft colouring !

    Thanks for sharing.

    hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop whoop! our gorgeous lady....well deserved Elaine. Loving your card and your colouring is THE best!!!! Love your style too but ya know that :D

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards....I must buy distress inks.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, your cards are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning Elaine ... love your colouring, and fab layouts.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, the only thing surprising is that you weren't chosen to be spotlighted sooner Elaine. You already know I'm a fan - beautiful work
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Elaine sure deserves to be in the spotlight. This lady is so very talented and I so love her work. Gorgeous cards Elaine as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Elaine - love your distinctive style & colouring; your use of pearls is so classy & I do love that the image is the focal point supported by the paper - that it isn't the embellishments taking over; I still have much to learn from you.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work Elaine, so inspiring. I knew you wouldnt disappoint. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete