Tuesday 5 April 2011

Tuesday spotlight on..


This Tuesday we have Carisa in the spotlight an boy does she make some gorgeous cards!
This is the card she made for us
Here she has used Luv A Latte 

*Start by telling us a little about you:
I married my high school sweetheart 10 yrs ago and right now I am a stay at home mom to 3 amazing kiddos. My oldest is in kindergarten, my 2nd is 4 and my youngest is 1 yr. They definately keep me busy but I somehow manage to find time to stamp and color in between! Besides stamping, I love to read any chance I can - mostly fiction. We live in Colorado right now, but I grew up in Florida. In fact, I'd never lived anywhere else till I moved out to Texas when I was 18 to live with my boyfriend now hubby!


*When did you start card making and what made you start?
I started about 2 yrs ago. I went to a LSS that was having a Stamping Bella release party with make n takes. I met Angela who introduced me to Copics, bought my first pair E00, E21 and really the addiction hasn't ended! When I found out you could COLOR stamped images, well, I knew it was going to be a life long relationship! I had always loved coloring as a kid, had tons and tons of coloring books and those big boxes of crayola's with every color imaginable. After that, I realzied that stamping and card making made me HAPPY! I love sitting down with a black and white image and seeing it come to life with color. It's like magic and it's good for the soul!

*What is your preferred coloring medium?
Definitely, hands down, COPICS!!! I love that these markers make anyone look like a coloring genius!!! It's like the adult version of my Crayola's as a kid. :D


*What is your fav Simply Sassy stamp?
That is an impossible question to answer! I honestly love them all. I really adore Luv A Latte because I'm a serious coffee drinker!! The card I made for today's post is my FAVORITE! But I really can't wait to get my hands on new favorites like Bad Hare Day, Windswept & Hippie Love!


*How did you notice the Simply Sassy stamps the first time?
I do believe I blame, or, credit my Make It Colourful DT sistah Tracy for this new obsession!!! When I saw them on her blog I just HAD to have them and I think I bought my first Simply Sassy stamps that day or the next.


*What is your favourite style (card making)?
This is a question I do NOT know how to answer! I think I am starting to find my own style now after 2 yrs of experimenting and something I have admitted recently is that I am one chick that is ridiculously addicted to pretty pattern papers! I love picking out my paper and coloring an image to match! One thing that I am seeing a lot on my cards is distressing - I love tearing the edges of my paper and inking them to add texture to my card.


*And what would you love to see more of at the Simply Sassy blog?
I actually love that you have an inspiration only blog! It's awesome to come each day and see a new DT member sharing a Simply Sassy stamp. I also love that you spotlight your fans - it's the ultimate compliment!

 It was so much fun digging into Carisa's blog to show off some gorgeous Sassy cards!!

Using Laid back dude 

 Using Fashionista

 Using Hippie chick

Thank you so much for letting us Spotlight you and showing off your beautiful cards!
And I know Carisa  will love any comment you leave her!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Love that sentiment on the coffee card!

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy, I get the blame again, lol! Your stamps finally arrived and look what you did with them. All gorgeous but I think Fasionista is my favourite if I had to choose. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous and loving the border edges you added to the Luv a Latte card plus the sentiment couldn't more perfect. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww you rock Carisa! Loved learning a bit more about you sweets and You rock these sassy girls! gorgeous hun. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOOT WHOOT Carissa you are rockin hun!!All the cars are smokin whooohooo! The coffee sentiment is a two dumbs up tehee!
    Great job Ris((hugs))Rube

    ReplyDelete