Sunday 1 May 2011

Dream, Imagine, Love

Hey Sassy fans!! Thank you for stopping by today!! How has your weekend been so far? This is my VERY FIRST post EVER as a GDT member for Simply Sassy!! I’m SUPER excited.. so let’s get started – but please.. go easy on me, heehee. I am literally in LOVE with the Sassy images, and there are only a select few which I don’t own. I knew as soon as I seen set #6 demonstrated in the blog hop I had to have them all..
The Sassy girl I have used today is ‘Carnival Balloon’ and she is a newbie (like me!) from set #6 available HERE at Funky Kits. I LOVE her dress and the flowers in her hair; she is so versatile and could be used for a number of occasions. She is perfect for summer, with a ‘Carnival’ scene behind her; she’s a gorgeous image for girly birthdays as well as inspiring cards – which is the theme I have gone with today.

I have used Basic Grey Max and Whiskers collection to add bright colours to the card. My flower embellishments are a mixture of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts. I have used a few rub ons from the Max and Whiskers collection along with some brown waxed twine and lemon organza ribbon. I have stamped ‘DREAM’ using a Studio G alpha stamp set and the ‘IMAGINE’ tag is from a Tim Holtz Philosophy Tag pack. I’ve used an orange grommet along with a brad from the Max and Whiskers collection and a spacer from The Ribbon Girl.

Here is a close up of the Sassy girl, I have coloured her using ProMarkers and paper pieced part of her dress and balloon. Such a neat technique – I should do it more.

Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Sassy – Carnival Balloon; Studio G Alpha; SU! Music Notes standard wheel Ink: SU! Soft Suede; Memento – Tuxedo Black Paper: Bazzill – Kraft cardstock; Basic Grey – Max and Whiskers PP Embellishments: 5mm gemstones; Prima flowers; Wild Orchid Craft rose, Max and Whiskers rub ons and brad ; TH Philosophy Tag; orange grommet; silver spacer; brown waxed twine; linen thread; lemon organza ribbon Tools: WRMK – Corner Chomper; Fiskars – Apron Lace border punch; pinking scissors; 1” circle punch ProMarkers: Skin: Ivory, Blush, Saffron, Baby Pink Eyes: Cornflower, Midnight Blue Hair: Vanilla, Cocoa Flowers in her hair: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Mango, Mandarin Clothes and Shoes: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Denim Blue, Tulip Yellow, Mustard, Pastel Yellow Mango, Mandarin Balloon: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Denim Blue, Mango, Mandarin

If you have any questions – please don’t hesitate to leave a comment! Enjoy what is left of the weekend. xo Lou.

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. I love the bright colors you used and the paper piecing looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Lou!!! She's one of my favorites from the new release and I can't wait to color her up! I love the bright colors and this truly shows why we are sharing this most happiest of happy guest spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours!! Gorgeous papers too...along with the Sassy!!

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love the colour's,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! wow Lou, this is gorgeous. Love the new Sassy and yummy colours.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the brightness of this & your distinctive embellishments - those multicoloured gems are such a brilliant idea (pun wasn't intended). It's made me look at those papers in a different light too. I love how you have mebellished the TH tag & all the different textures in this, including the little bit of organza ribbon peeking out with the lovely "V" tails. the white bordering of the image is beautifully effective too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card lou.i love the fab sassy and your vibrant colours and details are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - the paper piecing is so effective, love it
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Lou, and love all your details, and fab colours.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab card for your first post Lou, I love the paper piecing!
    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! Must have taken you ages to cut all those bits out for the paper piecing....lovely bright colours too!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fresh and bright card. I love the touches of paper piecing here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great lovely card! Love the cheerful colours and the bling is just perfect. Great work.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW! What can I say that someone hasn't already said - this card is AMAZING!! I love the bright colours of your paper and all those embs are simply perfect for her! Well done on your first post, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete