Sunday 29 May 2011

..::Enjoy::..

Hey Sassy fans! Thanks for stopping by today guys, I have something a bit special to share with you! A birthday card I made especially for a Sassy lady.. Tracy Payne!! :) It was Tracy's birthday this past Tuesday and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give her a little handmade something, even if it was just a simple Birthday card.

I used one of my fave stamps from Set 7 - Boho Chic.. she is available HERE from Funky Kits. I have coloured her using PM's to coordinate with some gorgeous patterned paper from Kaisercraft. I have matted the aqua paper with some SU! Certainly Celery cardstock which I have distressed and machine stitched.


Notice me and my sewing machine, Mr Janome, had a little disagreement when I was stitching this card. Well, I was less than impressed to say the least, so that was the only layer I stitched before I lost my temper with him!! You may notice that this card looks very similar to a card I made for TPS earlier in the week, well, you'd be right. The same patterned paper pack and the same layout - I just loved it so much I had to have another go.


The panel behind Boho Chic is another slice of Certainly Celery which I have die cut with a labels fourteen nestie and embossed with a Script EF to lift the image away from the busy patterned paper. I have fussy cut the image out - but you knew that. You could just see it coming, I know.


The horizontal panel of patterned paper had hints of black, so I went along with that and punched a scalloped border on Basic Black cardstock and stitched along the side. I added a strip of SU ribbon, I couldn't tell you what colour it is!! I then added a tiny PTI tag with the word 'Enjoy' and tied it to the ribbon using twine. I think that just about covers it. As always, don't hesitate to ask me any questions!!

Be sure to check out Erica's post today too! Awesome inspiration!! :) xo Lou.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Maria and those papers are yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous, I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you emphasized the black accenting with your black cardstock - very effecctive with these blues & greens. The script embossing really does lift her from the busy pattern & as always I love the Kraft cardstock.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's my fave of the new collection for sure! You have done an outstanding job girl! Great papers, no matter how many times you use them! Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you hun, it's gorgeous! Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete