Tuesday 31 May 2011

Tuesday Spotlight

Hiya Sassy Fans,

As you Maria is MIA for the next few weeks, waving hi to you Maria and wishing you well, so I'm looking after the spotlights for the next 3 weeks and I'd like to introduce you to one of my fellow teamies Vicky Pass.  Vicky is an avid Sugar Nellie fan and just look what she has made especially for us,  Wowzers:-




And here's a little bit about Vicky:-

Start by telling us a little about you:
I'm Vicky & I've been married to Craig since I was 16 & we are the proud owners of 3 children, 2 blue ones & 1 pink one. The boys are 20 & 15 & my daughter is nearly 19 & suffers with severe cerebral palsy so requires 24 hour care so thats my full time job lol. My eldest also has a baby on the way so we are to be grandparents at the end of the year which we are soooo excited about.

When did you start card making and what made you start? 
I started card making last April 2010 I had never been into crafts at all but there was a lot going on in the family & I had also lost my dad so needed something to occupy me. It was March & I came across a blog.........I had no idea what promarkers were, Magnolia I thought was just a colour & I thought Sugar Nellie was a sweetie or choccy lol. I brought some promarkers beginning of April a couple of Sugar Nellie stamps & some others & that was it........hook, line & sinker. I cant believe a year has passed already.......my hubby is also happy as it means I dont want to keep redecorating now lol.

What is your preferred coloring medium?
I'm addicted to Copics altho I spent most of my first year using promarkers but I do prefer Copics now. Altho I also like to use prisma pencils & distress inks......I like to be able to use any of the mediums, its incase I ever get bored lol.

What is your fav Simply Sassy stamp?
WOW......thats a toughie, how do I choose one? I will say Fairytale cus she was the 1st one I fell in love with & I'm still in love with her.......

How did you notice the Simply Sassy stamps the first time? 
On the Sugar Nellie blog, it was one of the first blogs I ever followed.....Sugar Nellie was my first ever stamp... I brought them on day of release & have done ever since lol.

What is your favourite style (card making)? 
I really dont have a style I prefer it that way I make what I'm in the mood to make & I like to think outside the box & try new things all the time......I dont like to get stuck in a comfort zone lol. My brain tends to go into overdrive all the time lol.

And what would you love to see more of at the Simply Sassy blog?
To be honest I think its fab the way it is & now I think its great you adding tutorials on making things, I love to see what else can be made with card & paper.
So if its not broke dont fix it girls lol.........

And after having a nose through Vicky's blog here are some of her fabulous Simply Sassy's:-











Be sure to leave some Sassy Love and Thank you Vicky for allowing us to Spotlight you

Hugs Tracy x

9 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous creation,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so sooooo much Tracy & Maria you've made my week sweetie's mmwah.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to vicky!!! such fabby cards!!! especially love the winking student one! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooooooow this i realy love....

    they are beautiful.

    greetings
    angelique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, your creations are amazing !!!!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky does stupendous work. Well deserved spotlight.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work from Vicky!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely variety & I have to say that I agree with Vicky - if it ain't broke don't fix! I do love that Fairy Tale card - so feminine.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete