Thursday 9 June 2011

Scrunched Flower Tutorial

Hi there again this week,

I have pondered over what to create for you but with the dreadful news I received last week I have had to create something simple for you, although I love the result.  By the way don't forget Maria posted a challenge for you HERE.  If you use any of the tutorials from this site you could win a prize.

Today, I wanted to show you how to create the scrunched flower and this is what you will need.


3 Punches or Dies
Doublesided cardstock
Mini Mister filled with water
Brads
Ink if liked
Heatgun


 Punch 4 large, 3 medium and 3 small Flowers, I have used punches for this tutorial but I have also used Dies, so experiment with whatever you have available



You will need to pierce a hole in the centre of each flower.  I tend to do this individually as it you do it when all 10 are together it can be quite hard to pierce through.


 Ink the edges if you like this style, bear in mind that once we add the water the ink will spread, but I love the look of this.  Add your brad to the centre



Spray the flower with the water mister and fold up each petal to the centre.  The more scrunchier the better, so don't worry about being particular.



It will look like this. You can either use your heat gun and gently unravel the petals and heat or you can leave it to dry naturally.


I used the centre petals closed.  You could add a pearl centre and some glimmer mist for that sheen and sparkle finish.


For the smaller ones I used 4 medium flower punches and 4 small and followed the same procedure.

Voila!

And here's a card I made earlier using this technique.





12 comments:

  1. Wow! they are gorgeous!!! Thank you for the tutorial, I can´t wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya sweetie
    thank you so much for this great tutorial hun
    i just love the flower and i'm lucky i have these punches, now i only have to give it a try
    your card is so lovely sweetie
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Tracy. Thanks for the tut, will have to have a go at this one !!

    Hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fab tutorial the flowers are gorgeous so is your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab...you would pay a fortune for them in a shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohhh aahhh, I love this technique. I've tried it before with just one sized punch but love the more realistic look with different sized punches! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tutorial, very effective, I am going to give this a go! Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial, so simple yet effective. Thanks for the inspiration, going to get all my flower dies out now to give it a go! c x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tutorial Tracy. I love those flowers and I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making flowers so shall have a go at this - they're really effective scrunched & as you say it's brilliant letting the inked edges flow. Thanks for the tutorial - it's so handy to be able to find it & also see a finished sample with a range of stamps with which one is sympathetic. Thanks for going to the trouble.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is so simple when you see how it is done! Must have a go at this very soon. Thanks for sharing, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete