Friday 15 July 2011

a pop up christmas card


Happy friday Sassy Fans!
It´s time for another christmas in july card and this one is a little special...

Once it comes in the mail it is a flat card.
But if you pull the strings a part slides back and the whole card becomes 3D.
I wanted to make one of these since ages. I found it on Kim´s blog and she has instructions up there too. I was a bit scared of it since it looked quite complicated but it was quite easy to make!

I have been adoring Tracy´s cards with those digi backgrounds and thought I might give these a try too. So I picked that fireplace digi. Since it was a first for me using a digi background and making that slider card I got a bit confused and did some mistakes with putting the digis to the right size. So the picture on the wall is cut off a bit and I also didn´t have the place to add a little decoration to the fireplace. All that I was able to come up with was a garland...
So you just have to imagine:

The girl on this stamp called

All Spruced Up

just came in from the wood where she cut her christmas tree. She´s a wise one and so she cleaned everything before leaving so she´d have the room to put up the tree and go on with the decorations afterwards... ;o)



Another great thing with this technique is that you can hide a secret message under the sliding part. It will only be seen when the card is put up. So I added some holiday wishes there:


And these are the Copics I picked for coloring:


Enjoy your weekend everyone!

5 comments: