Wednesday 31 August 2011

My Heart

Good morning Sassy fans!  I hope you are having a fabulous week so far.  This is my first post as a permanent dt for Simply Sassy and I am so excited to be back!  Thank you Maria (and Karen) for inviting me back into your sweet dt family.  So for my post today I have used I Give You My Heart.


I just love the expression on her sweet face.  I think she looks like she's missing her special guy.  I used copics and colored pencils and added a bit of Glamour Dust to the little heart she's holding on the stick.  I decided to distress my papers with some ink, which isn't something I do very often.  I used a heart doily and a little piece of lace along the side of the image.  I added punched flowers, leaves, and butterflies ... well, maybe a few too many embellishments lol?  A lacey heart charm and some pearls finish off my card.  I apologize for the quality of the picture ... it doesn't look so orange IRL.  Maybe I need a new camera?  I'm sure it's not the photographer, right?  Anyway, I hope my card inspires you to get inky with your Simply Sassy girls (or boys) today.


Thank you so much for stopping by.  Remember to stop by this evening as Paula will have a beautiful creation to share with you.

Hugs, Anita

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy - I Give You My Heart (from Funky Kits)
Paper:  Memory Box - Gossamer; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Glamour Dust, doily, EK Success flower punches, MS butterfly and leaves punches, lace, pearls, distress inks, heart charm 

12 comments:

  1. OMG, what a stunning card, superb colouring off the image and so cute ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, an amazing card, love the Sassy girl, beautiful colouring !!

    hugs Astrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty. So sweet. Nice colors.

    Hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work as always Anita WOW! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and congrats again Anita! They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card, Anita, beautifully coloured!!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - the image is a sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, really sweet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your use of colours on this - I've just become more & more aware lately of how the complementary colours work together & this is a stunning example with the blue & brown. Her gorgeous eyes with your soft colouring of the rest of her is so pretty & the ethereal flimsiness you coloured into the tie around her legs is incredible. A joy to behold.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete