Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tuesday Spotlight

Hello Sassy fans today we would like to put the spotlight on....


I asked Janette to make a card for us and she came up with a real beauty for us...


Using: Strike a pose, Lost in Music, and Pillow Talk

Here's a little about Janette and some wonderful cards from her blog:

Start by telling us a little about you:
I am a work from home mom to three rowdy boys. With a very
supportive husband that doesn't mind me spending time with my crafts;
I think this will be the case until he finds out how much money goes
into buying paper and stamps...Hehehehe I am of Mexican descent and I
love my Mexican culture!

Using Strike a Pose

*When did you start card making and what made you start?
I started making cards to swap with my two cousins and sister. I had
never ever had done a card before; but it was fun and i really enjoyed
it. We did one card a month; but as life often gets in the way the
swap ended almost a year ago now. After having my third son and being
in a new home where I have my craft/office room I am way into making
cards and can't stop!

 Using Apple of My Eye

Using Pillow Talk

*What is your preferred coloring medium?
This is an easy one; Copics by miles!

*What is your fav Simply Sassy stamp?
I will have to say Pillow Talk since she was the one that caught my
eye and is the stamp that I have used the most out of all of my
stamps. I think that if I had Retail Therapy she would be a close
second; poor baby is still on my wish list!

Using Lost in Music

Using Pillow Talk


*How did you notice the Simply Sassy stamps the first time?
I saw them on Autumn's blog and I think she is one of the first blogs
that I began to follow. I just fell in love with the BIG hair and
eyes.

*What is your favourite style (card making)?
Hummm this is a toughy; I don't think that I really have a defined
style other that I like to try new things. I like doing 3D projects
and love to embellish til I cannot embellish no more:0)


Using Pillow Talk
*And what would you love to see more of at the Simply Sassy blog?
I love the blog the way that it is! The only thing that I would love to
see more boy stamps(cuz I do have 3 of them) and cowgirl/cowboy images
would be a dream come true. I have told Krista this already and am
patiently waiting for that day; I know it will come!

Thanks so much Janette for letting us Spotlight you and your gorgeous creations and for letting us get to know you a little better!



5 comments:

  1. I can see what I think of as a "Mexican influence" in the bright patterns & busy cards - there's definitely a style there. Congratulations on being "spotlighted" - I always enjoy these informative posts & the individuality that everyone demonstrates using the same stamps. I Tri-shutter card is a beauty.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Janette!!!!! I love your cards!!!!!!
    Big hug!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww stunning cards ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Janette!! Juts love your cards;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for all your sweet comments; and thanks to SS for having me:0)

    MAJOR HUGS;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete