Friday 18 March 2011

something old, something new, something blue...


Happy friday to all of you! It´s me, Kathrin, and even if you might expect it after reading the title of this post this is not a wedding related post. ;O)

Today I want to share you an all BLUE card using one of the OLD images. Okay, I don´t really think you can talk about this being old but at least it´s from one of the previous releases.
The name of this stamp is

Romantic Dreamer

and she´s not coming all alone. No, she brings her cool friend Lost in Thought, that I used on the boy card in this post.

I used these Copics to color the image:


The papers are by Magnolia, DCWV and K&Company and they go perfectly with the Marker numbers I picked. I added two flowers, the big bow, some half pearls and the charm was the perfect find to go with the image. As I needed something to surround the image but wanted to keep the focus on the images instead of the decoration I went through those boxes I have all over my room and found that swirly silver stuff that is left over from christmas... In Germany we call this angels´ hair but sorry, I don´t know the english word for that. I rolled the ends between my fingers to make it stay together and attached it under the flower petals to my card by putting there a little glue dot.

So, what about the NEW stuff you might ask - here you go:


I made this card using

Hippie Love

about 2 weeks ago for a carnival themed challenge.

The colors I used are quite unusual for me but when I think of the 70ies I think of orange and green so I decided to give these a try. And - surprise - I like the result! These are the Copics I used for the coloring:


The papers are by First Edition Papers and My Mind´s Eye and I used my computer to make a matching sentiment.

So, that´s it from me for today - make sure to come back since there will also be a post from the wonderful Kellie later today.

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous colouring and gorgeous cards, love them:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love them, just coloured her up myself, my first sassy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two utterly different projects but love them both. The first is such a muted vintagey creaion & the second makes me think of the Flower Power for the 60s. Love them both.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both spectacular Kathrin!! Love your color choices and your layouts are fabulous!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh these are so amazing, I love the colour and your colouring is breath taking,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your copic coloring is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete