Thursday 7 April 2011

Simply Boxed Up!

Hi all!

It's Thursday Tute Time here at the Simply Sassy Inspiration Blog, and today I have a box to share with you :D! On it I have used one of my fave Sassy girls, Fashionista (probably because I'm such a clothes horse myself...NOT *lol* ;o)) and some lovely colourful papers by Prima Marketing.


This box can be used for sooooooo many things, I keep my jewellery in it but you can of course also use it as gift wrapping for lovely small gifts or money even, and the most gorgeous tiny baby socks fit into it as well (with five pregnant colleagues I'm getting rather adept at making these boxes at the mo ;o))


Now, I thought I'd do you a sketch and I hope it makes sense, you can adapt the sizes to anything you want of course!


What you need:
- Two sheets of Bazzill Basics cardstock white
- Prima Marketing design paper "Madeline"
- Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy stamp Fashionista
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle
- Roses
- McGill leaf punch
- Kars adhesive pearls


I started by making the lid, simply follow the sketch and cut and score where indicated, you should end up with something like this:



Cut the DP to size, I cut mine 0,5 cm (or 0.2") smaller than the cardstock panels


Stick the DP on and put some double-sided tape or, indeed, glue ;o) on the glue tabs and put the lid together


Right, time to make the box, just follow the pattern, cut and score where indicated, decorate four of the panels with DP (I folded the box the way I wanted it first, then marked the four panels that needed to be decorated with a pencil cross)


Now you have a box to go inside the lid. Put some double-sided tape or glue on the bottom of the box and glue it on the center panel of the lid. Mind the measurements, the center panel and the bottom of the box are not square!

When you've done all that, you should have a box that looks similar to this:


I've made the wrap from a 30,5 x 4 cm (12" x 1.6") strip of cardstock, wrapped it loosely around the box and the scored the lines. Decorate it with DP, add a lovely Sassy girl, some blooms and pearls and you're done :D!






Hope you likey, have fun!


Hugs,
Erica

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous tutorial Erica, love the DP you used and of course that sweet sassy image. Gorgeous creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Thanks for the tut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tutorial Erica. Fashionista looks beautiful and the papers you used are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya sweetie
    thank you so much for this great tutorial
    your project is superrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the tutorial Erica, the box is Ab Fab !!!!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tutorial thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic tutorial erica.thanks for sharing :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Erica!! Love those Dp's and your coloring is perfect! Thanks for the template!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby tutorial Erica - thx for sharing! Your box is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete