Wednesday 2 February 2011

Spread Your Wings and Fly....

Hey there all your Sassy Fans, are you ready for some more inspiration(I hope)! Boy, I really gotta give kudos to all you girls out there that work outside the home and have families and are still able to pump out beautiful creations probably in less time than I do, lol. I literally worked on this card all day. Well, inbetween dealing with my sick DD and the the other three hooligans who are home from school due to weather.

Did you all check out that fantastic tutorial done by Zoe?? Awesome, hun, thanks so much for sharing with us! Ok, well , I suppose you're wanting to see a card already, so I'll get on with it. Here is...

....' Spread Your Wings', isn't she a beauty!! I think I say that about all of them, lol! Thought I'd do the close-up first. She is colored with copics and you'll find those at the bottom of the post. The inking on the edges is also copics...can't believe out of all the ink pads and distress ink pads I couldn't find just the right color, Uggghhhh, but this worked and I think it turned out ok. I should also note there was lots and lots of blending on this one. On with the show!


If you all follow Sugar Nellie on Facebook you know that they recently started up a challenge there, so I thought I'd make a card to enter it. This weeks challenge is Side Step cards and mine is actually called a Double Side Step card and after some searching I found a tutorial here, though I changed the measurements a bit....don't you love artistic freedom!!

My card has a little twist....


...the decorative top is actually a tag! I'm really quite proud of myself for this one, lol. I love the tags on everybody's creations, but I never use them, just doesn't seem right, but this one just fell into place and I'm quite happy about it. Plus I actually used my Cricut, the poor thing doesn't get used nearly as much as it should! I also used the Cricut to cut out the butterflies and the decorative bits around the girl.

Here's another view so you can see the dimension a little bit. I've actually curved the spot for the sentiment, I think you can see it better here. The darn thing kept moving(don't wanna make it perm. until I have a sentiment) while I was taking pics. Oh' I almost forgot these gorgeous papers are from g.c.d Ella Blue stack.

Lastly, my copics, if you have any questions about these please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Think I'm finally done, lol. Sorry if I blabbered on too much for you, It's almost 3am and I didn't sleep well last night so the tiredness has made me ramble.
I hope you all are having a pleasant week and not stuck inside like me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. It's really a beautiful card, Autumn!
    Great colouring of that lovely stamp!

    Welmoed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning, love the twist xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations Autumn, love it.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, this is my fav of the new release of Simply Sassy (on my wish list) take care, Jane x http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Autumn, love the colouring, even without the right shade !!! lol

    hugs, sandiblu xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creation Autumn, love the style and those papers are delicious as is your colouring.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card , and I'd be dead on my feet by 3am not just rambling thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is amazing Autumn, my fave papers and I got that stamp yesterday, cannot wait to use her.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work Autumn thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is absolutley stunning & I love those butterflies. The touches with the doily add such lovely texture & add to the vintage feel of the whole creation. Amazing use of those pearl strings.I do love the stepper cards so shall add this to my little collection of tutorials - thank you for sharing it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful card.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete